I've a chance to take 550 wickets: Bhajji


Harbhajan Singh is missing out the Kotla Test due to a toe injury but the off-spinner is desperate to get back into action as he is just one wicket away from becoming only the third Indian bowler to take 300 Test wickets. Harbhajan reflected on the journey.

“It feels great. 300 wickets is a big thing for any cricketer and I am happy about whatever I have achieved and hopefully I will get my 300 wickets very soon by the grace of god.

“You cannot take 300 wickets by bowling bad balls. I have been playing for a long time. I have won games and bowled well. I have done little bit of whatever I could but I have a great chance to take 550 wickets.

“My name can be with two great cricketers. Kapil Dev, one of my big role models; everybody wanted to be like Kapil Dev or Sachin Tendulkar and when I see myself next to his name, I feel great. I have a great chance to be somebody like them.

“When I started playing, I never thought I will play for this long and I never thought i will reach upto 300 wickets but I will say that god has been really kind and I have been god's son,” said Harbhajan.


all courtesy: cricketnext

1 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    December 1, 2008 at 3:51 PM

    Hi nice post,,

    Yes he can take 550 wickets or more, He is talented and also young so he can easily reach...

    I want to exchange link with you if interested the add my link on your blog in return I will add yous..

    http://latest-cricket-updates.blogspot.com